Friday, September 26, 2014

If I Die

Title: If I Die (Soul Screamers #5)
Author: Rachel Vincent
Genre: YA
Rating: 5/5
Cover: 6/10

Oh, wow. Where to start, what to say...?

I'll keep it short and sweet, shall I? A few hours after finishing the book, I have to hand it to Rachel Vincent: she managed to make me go from loving to loathing a character in five books. That's no small feat, considering usually my love for fictitious men never wavers. But she did it. And to be honest, it wasn't even five full books, but more like three. Or something.
ANYWYAY. I'm babbling. What I mean to say is - THANK THE GOOD LORD IN HEAVEN Kaylee has some good, natural sense of what she needs and chose the right guy. I was starting to wonder if it was going to become a pattern for authors to make the girl end up with the wrong guy just to rile up the fans. Thankfully, Kaylee didn't join that group.

Cheesy ending, maybe, but not perfect, and that was fun. I actually had a moment of doubt concerning Kay's demise there, too, which was also fun to experience... amazing story, not a second to pause for breath, and absolutely stunning humour - courtesy, of course, of my favorite grim reaper.

Yep, this one's a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I like comments! Comments make me happy. Please let me know what you think :)