Monday, September 15, 2014

Command Me

Title: Command Me (The Royals Saga #1)
Author: Geneva Lee
Genre: adult
Rating: 3/5
Cover: 10/10

I spent most of this book unsure whether or not I wanted to go on reading it. While I could stomach Fifty Shades of Grey, which is, in some ways, more uncomfortable than the tamer scenes in 'Command Me', I found Alexander's constant assertion that she wanted it, even though she told him she didn't, deeply unsettling. 
No means no, no matter the circumstances, especially considering he did this the second time they met. Also, Fifty (aside from #2) had considerably less explicit sex, and a hefty amount of character development that was sadly lacking here, especially when the S&M aspect is so clearly being pushed in what is so obviously geared to be a romance.
However, the characters were enough to have me intrigued, and I will likely read the second one. It helps that he did eventually listen to her 'no's, and that she was finally able to assert herself independently of him.
Still.
No means no, people. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I like comments! Comments make me happy. Please let me know what you think :)