Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Book Review: Wolfsbane

Title: Wolfsbane (Nightshade #2)
Author: Andrea Cremer
Genre: YA
Rating: 4/5
Cover: 10/10 (for this one, which is actually the old cover. The new cover gets a 6/10)

Okay, first of all, the book was brilliant. It was also my first all-nighter wait for books to drop in on my Kindle, which was a wait that almost killed me :P
Secondly, you might be asking yourself... if the book was so brilliant, why didn't it get 5/5?
The reason to that has just one name: Shay.
Look, I'm a firm Team Ren girl. It's just my humble, 90%-of-the-times-right-regarding-shippers-in-books opinion that the reason Calla "loves" Shay is for what he represents: freedom, and a life that is her own.
But let's be real: her love for Ren runs much, much deeper than that.
Which is why this book pissed me off so much, I had to stop reading at one point before I flug my kindle accross the room in a rage. And let me tell you, I've read plenty of infuriating books, but never before was the urge to fling the thing around so strong as with Wlfsbane.
Which, I guess, in a way is good, because it means the story had me gripped enough to move me alot. Except it moved me in the wrong way...

Other than that, it was a good book. Calla is coming to terms with her new place, and the fact that she can actually call the shots to her own life and be free to be with whomever she wants to, something she's never before been able to do, but she's haunted by the memory of her pack, which she left behind in Vail, and is determined to go save them, too.
The only question is, of course, if they even want to be saved...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I like comments! Comments make me happy. Please let me know what you think :)