Friday, July 08, 2011

Book Review: The Hunger Games

Title: The Hunger Games (series)
Author: Suzanne Colins
Rating: 100/10
Cover: 10/10 (for all three, though THG wins. It just... does. lol)

I will hereby try to do the impossible: describe, in mere words, this amazing series.

First off, I am guilty as charged of being a staller. I have about a thousand friends telling me to read The Hunger Games, please read The Hunger Games! Similarly to what happened with Divergent, though, I put it on my TBR pile, and there it stayed for over a year.
Now I'm kicking myself for taking so long, though I have to say I much enjoyed not having to wait for the last book to be out. Small blessings, I guess.

Secondly... I've benn mulling for over two days what it is, exactly, about these books that make them so popular. I guess part of it is how real they feel. Unlike in most other books, here we don't see any supernatural; the people in the book sare just like any other normal person in the world. Then, if we stop to think about it, scary as it is, it's not that big of a stretch to see that something like that could, one day, actually become true.
And then, of course, the pain. The passion. Every emotion Katniss feels through these books we've all felt at least once. Hunger. Despair. Love. Fear. Recklesness. Passion. Anger. Hatred. Loss. It's all a part of being alive, and that calls to people.

I cannot stress how amazing The Hunger Games, Catching Fire and Mockingjay are, and please, if you, like me, are stalling, un-stall, go grab those book sand read them now. They'll be worth it, I promise.

And may the odds be ever in your favor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I like comments! Comments make me happy. Please let me know what you think :)